 General / 53981
Re: No Longer able to access by member
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:23:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Thuma wrote:

Hey, I think Kevin has altered the Brickshelf code. You are no longer able to
access the search features or the member search. Using Bob's BS Backup, you can
only download files via folder number.

Anybody else having the same problem?

Yep. This effects the Mac backup script I wrote, too (-f works, but -m will quit
without accomplishing anything).

If you know the name of a user's subfolders, you can still find them with URLs
like http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/USERNAME/FOLDERNAME, which redirects you
to the corresponding folder number.

This is probably intended to curtail the redundant bulk downloading of whole
accounts which is clearly occurring. (I certainly share responsibility for
this.) Frankly, although inconvenient, I think this is a reasonable response to
the tremendous amount of traffic (and terminal expense) our backups cause.

Jim