 General / 5365
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 04:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
Here's an idea I've been itching to try out for about 4 years...  I've got
a box of several hundred (or maybe 1000 or more, I haven't counted) LEGO
elements that I know I'll never use.  These come from buying up large
collections at garage sales or on the net, in order to get a few sets I
wanted for my Space collection, but there was always stuff left over.
[...big snip!...]

Zoinks!  I just dug the box out of the closet, and it's more than I'd
remembered.  There's 16 pounds of LEGO semi-sorted into about two or three
dozen ZipLoc bags of varying sizes (from a pint up through two-gallon).

At first blush, this complicates things, because now instead of one big mix
there are several big less-mixes.  But let's forget that and just say that
this is good like it is, because now there's definitely plenty of fodder for
several packages (at least 5, I should think), and I wouldn't want to mix
stuff together that's already semi-sorted.

Suzanne is away this week at a trade conference and has the camera, so when
she gets back I'll snap some photos of the LEGO and take queue requests.
Mostly, it's mixes of 70's & 80's stuff -- a bag classic red 70's windows
(many sizes), a bag of town and space and castle parts, a bag of minifigs,
a bag of trees, a bag of old gears, a bag of old wheels, a couple bags of
generic bricks, etc.  Too much stuff to list; photos will work better.

I'm not going to sort any of it into sub-bags; I'll probably actually combine
a few bags so that it works out to 5 or 6 roughtly equally sized packages to
mail.  Fair enough?

--Todd

p.s.  This is straying off-topic from the spirit of .general at this point
and into the spirit of a person-to-person "trade" type of thing, so follow-
ups on this article are set to .market.buy-sell.trade (stay tuned there for
more details)...