 General / 5330
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:33:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
If everyone sent the pieces on to the next person via USPS Priority
mail, sealed in a 2-gallon ZipLoc bag, it ought to be fairly
inexpensive (about $5 per person), at least within the U.S., which
would be a good place to give it a try.

It would be cheaper for non-priority.  I'm thinking that 1000 pieces is
too many.  How about 200 to start?

I think it's important to get the benefit of the strong USPS Priority Mail
boxes, which are built-in to the cost of shipping.  Even without, it almost
never makes sense to mail LEGO non-Priority unless it's a very small (say,
10-oz. or less) package.  Anyway, what's so bad about $3.20 to $5.40
(depending on the weight) for what you might get?

I'm thinking too that it would be fun to just buy a box off the shelf
and send it around for trades and see how it ended up after n trades.

HA!  :-)  Cool...Kind of like the "Telephone" game, huh?  :-)

--Todd