 General / 52629
Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 13:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Aaron Amatnieks wrote:
   Moring After going nuts and batmaning out this weekend, It occured to me that we appear to be missing a set, or a set to be released later.

If you look at the original teaser picks http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1570485 you have Poison ivy, Nightwing, Scarecrow and the Riddler, pretty cool figs, but they appear to be for an unreleased set.

Any one have any ideas of what this set (or sets) is , or if it is a region only thing? there is no breaks in the numbering, so I’m guessing it may be a new season release :(

Coming out later this year, the “Arkham Assylum” set will be a Toys R Us exclusive. It will feature all four figs you mentioned, as well as another Batman, this time in a glider thingee. The set itself has jail cells for all of the figs, with “special” cells for Riddler, Scarecrow and Ivy (for example, Ivy’s cell has plants growing in it, Scare’s cell has hay). But it also has cells for Joker, Freeze, Catwoman, etc. The idea is that they were all in Arkham and then some mysterious force allowed them to escape, then they started causing trouble for Bats.

The set is going to be in the $80 range. It looks pretty good (I saw it back in December as a part of an Ambassador project). No pictures have been released yet, but hopefully we will see it soon!

-Lenny