 General / 52628

Subject:
Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 01:56:40 GMT

Moring After going nuts and batmaning out this weekend, It occured to me that we appear to be missing a set, or a set to be released later.

If you look at the original teaser picks http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1570485 you have Poison ivy, Nightwing, Scarecrow and the Riddler, pretty cool figs, but they appear to be for an unreleased set.

Any one have any ideas of what this set (or sets) is , or if it is a region only thing? there is no breaks in the numbering, so I’m guessing it may be a new season release :(

Aaron A Off to fight crime and go ZOOM with my new batmobile

Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
In lugnet.general, Aaron Amatnieks wrote:
   Moring After going nuts and batmaning out this weekend, It occured to me that we appear to be missing a set, or a set to be released later.

If you look at the original teaser picks http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1570485 you have Poison ivy, Nightwing, Scarecrow and the Riddler, pretty cool figs, but they appear to be for an unreleased set.

Any one have any ideas of what this set (or sets) is , or if it is a region only thing? there is no breaks in the numbering, so I’m guessing it may be a new season release :(

Coming out later this year, the “Arkham Assylum” set will be a Toys R Us exclusive. It will feature all four figs you mentioned, as well as another Batman, this time in a glider thingee. The set itself has jail cells for all of the figs, with “special” cells for Riddler, Scarecrow and Ivy (for example, Ivy’s cell has plants growing in it, Scare’s cell has hay). But it also has cells for Joker, Freeze, Catwoman, etc. The idea is that they were all in Arkham and then some mysterious force allowed them to escape, then they started causing trouble for Bats.

The set is going to be in the $80 range. It looks pretty good (I saw it back in December as a part of an Ambassador project). No pictures have been released yet, but hopefully we will see it soon!

-Lenny

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Coming out later this year, the “Arkham Assylum” set will be a Toys R Us exclusive. It will feature all four figs you mentioned, as well as another Batman, this time in a glider thingee. The set itself has jail cells for all of the figs, with “special” cells for Riddler, Scarecrow and Ivy (for example, Ivy’s cell has plants growing in it, Scare’s cell has hay). But it also has cells for Joker, Freeze, Catwoman, etc. The idea is that they were all in Arkham and then some mysterious force allowed them to escape, then they started causing trouble for Bats.

The set is going to be in the $80 range. It looks pretty good (I saw it back in December as a part of an Ambassador project). No pictures have been released yet, but hopefully we will see it soon!

-Lenny

Thx to both you and nathan for the info, Sounding good. Hopefully it appears at TRU in AU as well. Have yet to see the UCS Batmobile , Batcave or Catwoman set over here yet :( .

Aaron A

[...]

I also the Arkham set on another ambassador project. $80 sounds about right for the size and number of figures. I will definitely pick this up for the villains. The Riddler, Scarecrow, and Nightwing figures are nice.

Ben

Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
Well the rumours on Eurobricks are here. They’re saying Arkham Asylum will be the main addition to the line...

God Bless,

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
Legions of Gotham has a picture!! (First saw this linked on Eurobricks.) The set looks awesome, particularly for castle fans.

Bruce

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Legions of Gotham has a picture!! (First saw this linked on Eurobricks.) The set looks awesome, particularly for castle fans.

Bruce

Wow, that is a very cool set! me want!!!! :D

Ben

Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
Flickr user Speaknspell (this is a space guy - anyone know who they are?) has a much larger picture of the set and also one of the figs. Thanks to Bluemoose of FBTB for pointing this out.

Bruce

Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hey,

Flickr user Speaknspell (this is a space guy - anyone know who they are?) has a much larger picture of the set and also one of the figs. Thanks to Bluemoose of FBTB for pointing this out.

Bruce,

I’m pretty sure Speaknspell is Steve Witt, Community Relations Coordinator for TLG, one of Jake’s “students”. You probably know of Steve already? In case you don’t, here is his blog.

-Bryan

Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is
In lugnet.general, Aaron Amatnieks wrote:
   Moring After going nuts and batmaning out this weekend, It occured to me that we appear to be missing a set, or a set to be released later.

If you look at the original teaser picks http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1570485 you have Poison ivy, Nightwing, Scarecrow and the Riddler, pretty cool figs, but they appear to be for an unreleased set.

Any one have any ideas of what this set (or sets) is , or if it is a region only thing? there is no breaks in the numbering, so I’m guessing it may be a new season release :(

Aaron A Off to fight crime and go ZOOM with my new batmobile

The new Batman and Spongbob sets are avalible at S@H, at least in the US.
Batcave http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7783&cn=244&d=7&t=3

Mat

Re: Missing Batman set, does anyone know what it is