 General / 5247
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:27:41 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3780C693.F2792496@voyager.net>...
Count me in. At last, a home for all those worthless space and castle
pieces! I need relief on the one week deadline though as I usually only
mail things on weekends.

There would be another advantage of using the fixed rate priority envelope.
I assume that if you get one of these from the post office, and $3.20 in
stamps, you can just drop it in the mailbox. This someone with limited
access to a post office can just get the mailing stuff in advance, and then
just has to go by a mailbox within the time limit.

Of course another issue for someone like Larry who travels alot is that if
the box arrives the day they leave on a several day trip, there is an
automatic dead time while they're away.

I think exceptions would be reasonable, perhaps modified with a "Since
you're delaying things a bit, take that into account when you decide what to
put in, and maybe put in something a little extra." The other thing would be
to insert someone like Larry between people who can promise a quick
turnaround, and perhaps even live close enough to Larry that transit time
to/from him would only be 2-3 days instead of 3-4. I would suspect that if
everyone were conscientious, that the average time would end up slightly
less than a week between stops, even with a bunch of folk like Larry. Mail
often only takes a couple days transit, and most people will probably be
able to mail the package along the day after they receive it.

Frank