 General / 52449
Re: 2006 - 45 Years Of Lego in the USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:38:06 GMT

Maybe I ought to rephrase that..... the Samsonite fiasco caused TLG to start
from scratch in building new Lego operations and production in Enfield
Connecticut.

It is also interesting to note that when the Samsonite of Canada license expired
in 1986, there was none of this turmoil (except perhaps for those Canadian
Samsonite Lego workers who were out of a job when Lego operations moved to
Enfield).  Ditto in 1993 when Courtauld's Lego license expired in Britain,
Australia, and the rest of the British Commonwealth.

Since 1993, Lego operations worldwide have been under TLG control.

Gary Istok