 General / 52369
Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:57:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Cooper wrote:
The March 2005 issue of LEGO life Company Newspaper has an article on this
wonderful model. Here are some excerpts:

Naturally, this special illumination had to be recreated in the LEGO model - but
that's when the problems began to crop up.

...None of the existing LEGO elements could do the job. We tried with
transparent bricks - but the stadium model would have ended up looking like a
glorified greenhouse. ...we received special permission to develop a brand new
element: a milky-white brick. Only 160,000 elements will be produced, and these
will be used to build the roof of the model. In addition, we had to find special
lamps which will create the right lighting affect as accurately as possible.

We'll all look forward to some night-time photos of the model!

Now, if only I could get a milky-white 2 x 4 brick (or two 2 x 2 bricks) for my
collection of LEGO brick colors.....

Finally I came across some night-time photos of the model!  The size of this
thing really blows me away...

http://itrocks.biteus.org/lego-sports-arena/

-Bryan