 General / 52370
52369  |  52371
Subject:
"Caddyshack" Animatronics On TCLTC Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 06:45:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The TCLTC exhibited at a train show in LaCrosse, Wisconsin last weekend where we debutted our newest modules which featured an homage to the cult classic Caddyshack.

I did most of the landscaping, while Ross did the heavy lifting, creating a dancing gopher to the tune of Kenny Loggins “I’m Alright”. The sound card was cannibalized from a dancing stuffed toy, and Ross hooked it up to a button switch and animated the “gopher” himself-- pics HERE

The new modules form a par 3 hole, 115 scale yards long (under construction HERE). Ross also created a pond to guard the front of the green that is filled with typical golf course pond things-- sharks, mantas, sunken ship, etc. That will be the next area of animation.

More details later when time permits.

JOHN