 General / 51285
Re: LUGNet shut off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:18:32 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Robert Fries wrote:
   In lugnet.build.mecha, Marco Tagliaferri wrote:
   I read all the messages in the thread and some of the refering but couldn’t get the reason which led to the dicission(?) to shut down LUGNet on Oct 1..

Regarding how October 1st was chosen, Suzanne says in her blog:

”... I need to set a deadline. A shutdown clock will initiate shortly. It’s very real and all-encompassing. Everything will be gone from www.lugnet.com but for a pointer in about twelve weeks (possibly Oct 1, 2005). That’s not to say the data won’t live on elsewhere; I’m sure it will. It’s just that Todd and I can’t be responsible for it any more ...”

Hi Robert: With due respect, did you happen to read what Suz herself wrote here? Here’s the central point, IMO:

No piece of a blog entry should be pulled out, given a title and posted at LUGNET with an implication that an announcement has gone unnoticed by LUGNET users.

What will be, will be, of course. But I suspect that it will be more helpful to allow Suz to circulate her announcements here on LUGNET at her own pace.

Dave!