 General / 50994
Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   Art is in the eye of the beholder. If a piece does the things that art is supposed to do (instill emotion, make one think, make one wonder) it’s art.

Actually you can go further from this premise. I have interesting thoughts going through my mind while sitting in a train for example. Would you count the scenery I see passing by as art? It’s about as good as implying EVERYTHING around us is art. (1)

   2 - conversely this is why I’m down on 8 wide and on Miniland scale (if only in fun)... they both lift the limits that others deal with, and in a sense, are a cheat. (not that it’s wrong, if it feels good, do it...)

Mwahaha. A gradual progress to the DARK side :-P

Legoswami

(1) NOT saying there’s anything wrong with that.