 General / 50995
Re: The pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a cool-guy wanna-be.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:37:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   I think may have heard me and others expound that LEGO is a medium, just like clay or oils or pastelchalks, it’s fun to explore the limits of the medium.

Its no coincidence that our community is growing and we’re reaching more of the public at the same time art has taken this cultural swing. Pop Surrealism incorporates a number of different media-- one of my favorites is the new trend in vinyl toys...

http://www.ningyoushi.com/

This movement is built on the things that attract us to LEGO, the toy aspect, the fun, the reliving childhood ideals as adults. Again the word “gitchy” always seems appropriate. It all goes together.

   Maybe that’s his role?

My role is to build, baby. But this community is a strong part of that. So establishing our cultural identity is something I think about.

On another note, the very same Coffeehouse I was talking about has approached me about displaying. In the words of one of the assistant managers “I feel like we only show the same type of work and it just attracts more of the same. I think you’ll breathe a really unexpected bit of life into the display”. We shall see.