 General / 50345
Re: No Lego Window System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:29:05 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:
Why am I doing this?  Because today windows are the weakest link in
the Lego System.  Ask yourself this question:  Can I build my own
house with the current selection of Lego windows so that it ACTUALLY
looks like my house?  I think that the answer to this question for
99% of you is NO.  For TLG, that should be an embarrassment,
especially since they pride themselves on being the worlds greatest
building toy.

Of course my house will never be buildable in minifig scale unless LEGO
comes out with a special part. The arched window in this picture:

http://www.maj.com/gallery/ffilz/NewHome/4061222-1.jpg

Would be impossible to render. It might not even be easy to render in a
larger scale.

Of course I'd also have to use the 45 degree slopes for the complex roof, or
get really creative with plates.

Frank