 General / 50263
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET---WHY SWEAR?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:09:40 GMT

(snip)

two words:  WHY SWEAR?

My experience has been that people who swear continually aren't intelligent
enough to come up with a better word to use in their vocabulary. (I figure I'm
going to get some nasty comments from that statement..let's see how many have
profanity in them...)

C'mon--many of us are intelligent enough to be polite and proper to each
other--WITHOUT swearing?

It may sound funny at first, but how would one with children feel when the
children start going around, swearing like their parents?  Does that mean the
parents scold the children for repeating their parents?  If I swear on my job
(that deals in working with parents and kids), I could get fired pretty easily.

Bottom Line--be polite, and self policing.  Again...why swear/cuss?

In a bit of an animal farm sense here:  Words are words, but some words are
worse than others.  Well, we're not in a communist/Orwellian society here, so
not everyting is exactly equal.

Scott Lyttle