 General / 49493
Re: Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:03:53 GMT

WOW! Very nicely detailed, but not over done. Simple and grand.

I love the arches of the door that Luther is nailing his proclamation to. Also, love those windows in the courtroom.

And, considering that a large majority of castles and churches and other grand European medieval buildings were built out of religious reasons, I agree (whoever said here in this thread, I forget) that there is a lack of Christian architecture represented often in Lego castles. Although, there is also a lack of historical representation too as it is much easier and sometimes funner to build one’s own fantasy ideas instead of adhering to the fine nuances of architecture and history. I think they are connected. That being said, I think you did an excellent job. And, what an interesting moment in time to pick!

Great job, excellent dedication to these scenes.

-Avery