 General / 48903
48902  |  48904
Subject:
Whats up with BrickShelf mods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 20:48:59 GMT

Im getting a little tired of some of the mods deleting my Logo pics. The ones
that contain real life people, vehicles, and buildings. Now for some reason,
when I upload on the weekdays, those kind of pics pass. However when its the
weekend, and you upload again since the BrickShelf was having server errors on
Friday.... well... here's how the story goes....

I went through the trouble of searching google for the right aircraft images on
my 56k dial up. I went through the trouble of using MS Paint and PhotoImpression
as I lack Photoshop to edit those four (4) pics to the correct size and naming
each fighter jet. I also made had to write the pic's title called: "Military
MOCs - Air Power", as Im gonna start working on military aircraft MOCs for my
Military theme. After about an hour of doing that, I can't upload due to the
server error, a message that didn't show for 2 hours. I got so mad that I
literrally had tension headache and developed a fever of 102.8 degrees. So the
next day, I try again as I see that others have been able to upload pics earlier
in the day. Now after I FINALLY upload them, guess what... the WORK I had done
for the hobby I love, the WORK I did for several hours searching and editing and
waiting during the 2 hour upload the day before, the WORK I have done that got
me sick for taking soooo long.... gets deleted..... :-(

What I don't understand is that whoever this weekend mod is, he/she doesn't seem
to recognize the fact that several of my other Military and Ancients folders
ALREADY CONTAIN logo pics that HAS REAL LIFE PEOPLE, VEHICLES, and BUILDINGS!!!
So what I don't understand is why does he/she delete them when its apparently OK
for the other mods. I've also seen other people have logo pics that aren't that
much different from my own pass moderation.

I use those pics to represent the fact that my MOCs are meant to represent
something realistic. Be they mythological or currently fictional... I want the
viewers to think that this IS what this and that looks like in real life. I also
use them to compare my MOCs to the real thing. Other people have comparison pics
used as the folder logo, why does this weekend mod think that I can't have that
too?

Please don't tell me to use Maj.com cuz these military aircraft pics Im making
are "Lego related". They even deleted my "combining_features" pic which shows 6
different real life military helicopters and the SW Republic Gunship whose
features I will borrow and use on a BIG super-helicopter MOC. I already had that
pic in the MilitaryMOCs folder, deleted it and then moved the MOC pic to the
Military MOCs - Air Power folder. So when it had been approved already, this
person decides to delete it........

Give me a break, weekend BrickShelf mod.

I'd upload those pics on weekdays to avoid you moderating/deleting them, but
since Fall 2004 semester started, Im not gonna have much time during the
weekdays. Im at my community college from 8am to 8pm, working on a Nursing
degree where we have to take hazardous lab classes like MicroBio lab where we
get to work with microbs like salmonella, ecoli, and other forms of bacterium
and viruses.

In other words, my weekdays are already hard, please stop making my weekends
equally difficult by not letting me upload pics of the hobbies I love.

Thank you.