 General / 48300
Re: Jake, can you answer these two questions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 05:42:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
2.  Why are click-hinges phasing out fingered hinges across the board?  In a
way, I'm more upset about this than the color change because now my choices
of new bricks as well as colors are being limited even further.  I like the
click-hinge as a choice, but not as a replacement!  Especially in the case
of cockpits and train cargo doors, where the click-hinge arrangement does
not provide an airtight seal and also takes up much more "piece area."  In
spaceships it looks especially goofy if the cockpit is not sealed, and in
cargo carriers it looks like all the gravel would slide out in between the
gaping cracks!  Click-hinges have their place, but as a replacement for
fingered hinges they're just not right.  Also, on an aesthetic note, in many
situations I think they just look way too "toyish."  Fingered hinges look
more realistic to me and thus, more appealing.

Mayby that's just it. Lego is a toy and thus should look toyish....
;-)

Niels