 General / 47306
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 04:08:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I’m glad to hear that TLC might continue service packs in the original colors. Could you give us an idea of how the current original-color packs are doing, sales-wise?

This is what I would like to see continue to be sold in the original colors:
  • current brick packs (#10145-#10147)

  • current plate packs (#10148-#10150) with the addition of 1x1 plates and ‘L’ plates

  • an arches and slopes pack: would include various arches, and slopes/inverse slopes in 33°, 45°, and 75°

  • a bits and bobs pack: would include tiles (1x1 to 1x8), as well as headlight bricks, “dalek” bricks, and various modified tiles and plates (especially the 1x2 with one stud)
Alternatively, to cut down on SKU’s, three original-color tubs containing all the above parts would be great.
  • the 48x48 baseplate in light grey

  • all Legends of sets originally released before the color change

As for the color change itself:

I’ve asked these questions to every post you’ve made on the subject, without an answer so far.

1. Where is the publicity? Where are the “New Colors!” stickers? Why did TLC try to sneak this supposedly positive change past its customers?

2. How do you square this statement:

          Keep in mind that the non-AFOL consumer (especially the kids on the
          boards) probably hasn’t realized there IS a color change. Many of this
          year’s products aren’t out yet (Harry Potter for instance, isn’t out
          until the movie time around May). If they have the products, it may
          take them a while to notice a difference. If they notice a difference,
          I’m not sure a large percentage will care. Think about what the
          creations kids build typically... many many of them are multi-, mixed-
          color. Browse the galleries in the online LEGO Club, and you’ll not
          see much color consistency.

with the official TLC reason for the color change (improving sales to kids)? And has the color change succeeded in improving sales to kids?

I think everyone on LUGNET would appreciate an answer to these questions.

Marc Nelson Jr.