 General / 47296
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 00:26:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
I understand the point, but I don't exactly follow it. The only way that
sales are boosted by paying attention to AFOL feedback is with the AFOL
market. There really isn't a way we can take your (AFOL) feedback and meld
it into something for the kids market. Kids/parents won't really care much
about whether or not we listened to AFOLs or not.

AFOLs contribute a lot of free advertising about LEGO product by doing shows,
running websites, and helping parents/kids out in the toy aisles.  The tone of
that advertising is very much dependant on how well our concerns are being
addressed.  Furthermore, AFOLs often provide you with practical real-world
insight into the desires of kids/parents, through our interaction with them at
shows, on websites, and in the toy aisles.