 General / 47264
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 22:34:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Anthony Sava wrote:
   Jake contacted me and has asked me to post my opinion as to what specific parts I’d like to see offered in Bulk that would make the Castle people happy, much like the old grey train track makes the train people happy.

I’d like to say I agree with Anthony has to say.

Castle Walls I dont use as much as I use basic bricks (2xn and 1xn) and plates.

Minifig accessories don’t bother me as much because I don’t army build. Furthermore, many of my accessories now come from the Customizers - Jeff Byrd (Blasterman) and Isaac Yue - which are not true Old Grey. I realize that the customs they make could not be made by TLG because of the different market (Adults vs. Children-safe-toys).

I agree with Anthony’s dreaming about the perfect minifig pack.

I agree that the 48x48 baseplate should be made in OG as this is the standard plate size for the Moonbase.

Ironic that the brick packages in Old Grey made available for fans was the first time those packages were available in several years. Also, making a minfig pack based on fan suggestions is only now being proposed. It’s as if only now, when TLG does such a bad thing, do they honestly begin asking for what we’d like and giving it to us.

One thing I would like would be Bulk Packs of Slopes - perhaps a pack of 45 degree and a pack of 33 degree slopes (or maybe 33 degree + 75 degree) and include Roof Peaks, Convex and Concave double-slopes (inner and outer turns) - especially concave double-slopes, 1 long, 2 long, and 4 long. 3 long and 8 long would be cool, but not necessary.

Hmm..

I’ll let you know if I think of anything else.

-Lenny