 General / 47285
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 00:42:15 GMT

"Ironic that the brick packages in Old Grey made available for fans was the
first
time those packages were available in several years.  Also, making a minfig
pack
based on fan suggestions is only now being proposed.  It's as if only now,
when
TLG does such a bad thing, do they honestly begin asking for what we'd like
and
giving it to us."  - Lenny

Hey, guilt is a powerful ally.  Be glad something good may come from this!

"Lenny Hoffman" <lahoffma@*NOSPAM*mailer.fsu.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Anthony Sava wrote:
Jake contacted me and has asked me to post my opinion as to what • specific
parts I'd like to see offered in Bulk that would make the Castle people • happy,
much like the old grey train track makes the train people happy.

I'd like to say I agree with Anthony has to say.

Castle Walls I dont use as much as I use basic bricks (2xn and 1xn) and • plates.

Minifig accessories don't bother me as much because I don't army build.
Furthermore, many of my accessories now come from the Customizers - Jeff • Byrd
(Blasterman) and Isaac Yue - which are not true Old Grey.  I realize that • the
customs they make could not be made by TLG because of the different market
(Adults vs. Children-safe-toys).

I agree with Anthony's dreaming about the perfect minifig pack.

I agree that the 48x48 baseplate should be made in OG as this is the • standard
plate size for the Moonbase.

Ironic that the brick packages in Old Grey made available for fans was the • first
time those packages were available in several years.  Also, making a • minfig pack
based on fan suggestions is only now being proposed.  It's as if only now, • when
TLG does such a bad thing, do they honestly begin asking for what we'd • like and
giving it to us.

One thing I would like would be [Bulk Packs of Slopes] - perhaps a pack of • 45
degree and a pack of 33 degree slopes (or maybe 33 degree + 75 degree) and
include Roof Peaks, Convex and Concave double-slopes (inner and outer • turns) -
especially concave double-slopes, 1 long, 2 long, and 4 long.  3 long and • 8 long
would be cool, but not necessary.

Hmm..

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

-Lenny