 General / 47265
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 22:35:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

//SNIP//

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development Team

Ok, what parts HAVE TO stay the old greys?  And we can't say "everything"?  How
about everything but technic, because I don't buy technic and some of them seem
to enjoy the new colour?

What does Lego expect the AFOL community to say to something like this?  We all
want everything to be back the way it was, with the old grey.  Now we have to
pick and choose.  Maybe you'll let the trainheads have their good old grey for
track, but why do you leave out castleheads or spaceheads who also want the old
grey, since I'm assuming not everyone is going to get their way with this.

And how is anyone supposed to feel better when the 'good news' is that Lego
realizes that they screwed up by changing the greys and brown, and tell us it
won't happen again?  Woop-de-friggin'-do guys.  Change it back and then tell us
its universal.

Plus add me to the list of people completely baffled by the "good thinking" that
went into the colour change, because I can't think of anything good about it,
like the rest of the AFOL community.  Maybe if we got something concrete from
Lego why they actually did that, they maybe it would be reasonable, but right
now it seems that Lego changed the colours, and said "tough, deal with it, you
big AFOL babies, we have our secret reasons."  And we complain but our good news
is that we're stuck with the new colours.  Thanks guys.  Maybe I'll go another
12 months without buying any Lego sets at retail, along with who knows how many
other people, and see how much more TLG can go into the red.

Jake, I'm not trying to attack you here, but it seems that TLG is making some of
the worst decisions possible in the last few years.