 General / 47228
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 19:41:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:

It might be worth noting that this doesn't suggest that TLG will actually take
AFOL input into consideration--merely that TLG won't make the change without
AFOL input.  The input might easily be ignored, but TLG can still claim to have
accepted AFOL input...

Wow. That's harsh.

Heh.

Well, what can I say?  I tend to be an "on the dark side" kind of guy...

Harsh, perhaps--but is my assessment inaccurate?  Aside from the bottom line,
corporations love nothing as much as preserving wiggle room.

I suppose, you could be right, but I think it misses the entire point of why we
would ask for feedback in the first place. Why would we even bother to ask if we
didn't think we would somehow use it? The point of us agreeing to include AFOLs
was to avoid another situation like we've had here.

Of course, that said, sure, we might not follow your feedback 100%. After all,
there's always multiple things to consider. If we'd listened only to AFOLs about
Bionicle, we'd have never moved forward with a much loved, incredibly cool
product.

Corporations are not big Matrix-like computers. Corporations are made up of
people. In fact, I'd guess that a huge percentage of people reading this now are
doing so from work at a "corporation". We're trying to do good things here
folks. There are real people behind the decisions and changes that are made. You
may not like them, you may not agree with them, some will fail and some will
succeed. But at the end of the day, the motivations are driven more by people
trying to do good. Good for the company, for the consumer, and for themselves.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison