 General / 47214
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 18:18:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
   Jake, how long would it take to present us with some real reason for doing the change?

Just because you and some others don’t accept that Marketing thought it was a good idea to change the colors doesn’t make it not the “real reason”.

   I can accept something like this: some higly positioned **** in the management thought it was a great idea. There was nobody brave enough to tell him that it’s stupid.

I’m sure that some people within the company thought it was a bad idea. But those people are probably not the ones making the decisions. Now that they have made the change, they are going to stick with it for a while (at least one or two years) and see how things go, before switching back. However, based on what Jake said, currently it looks like they will never change back.

   If somebody else b***hes about me hijacking the thread - I can’t buy the old colour packs from LEGO anyway, so what... :-/

I understand you are upset about the change. Heck I’m pretty upset too, but watch the language.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG