 General / 47207
Re: Color Change - Final Update - Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 17:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>

Justify your priority, give a business case, say why your item matters more than
mine, that's what you should do, not foam about what LEGO owes you.

If I had more time I'd write this a bit softer, I guess, but I don't.

See, you sit around long enuf and it shows up :)

Anyway, I completely agree with Larry--when you buy something, you own what you
purchased, but that does not, in any way, shape or form imply that the company
that sold the product to you cannot change the product, or even cancel the
product at some point in the future.

I mean, I love the 'old' Crest toothpaste (the non-minty kind).  Been buying it
for years.  Try to fon a non-minty Crest toothpaste that isn't directed at kids
these days--as far as I can see, it can't be done.  Does P&G 'owe me' all my
money that I spent on the 'old' Crest?

A more permanent thing--I like the '57 Chevy.  Can I demand that the Chevrolet
Motor Company retool their lines so I can buy one of these?  They made it at one
point in their history--do I have the right to buy a new one 50ish years later?

Work within the guidelines set up by Jake--let him know what pieces you want to
remain in the 'old colour'.  He's doing his job to the best of his ability and,
imho, doing an excellent job.

If there is a rant, please take it to another thread.

Dave K