 General / 47199
Re: Color Change - Final Update - Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 17:34:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
LEGO doesn't owe you (or any other consumer) anything merely because you bought
stuff from them in the past, unless you had some specific contract.

That's your point of view - the consumer buys a product from LEGO.
Other's point of view - the consumer buys a product from LEGO which
belongs to SYSTEM.

It's more than just *my* point of view, it's the law, at least in the US.

There is typically no implied warranty of suitability to purpose or fitness that
is attached to any good sold here. You would need an express warranty to have
any rights, which, if I am not mistaken, LEGO hasn't given, w.r.t. colors. In
fact LEGO, (as do many manufacturers) no doubt explicitly reserves the right to
make changes in specifications without prior notice as it deems necessary.

So saying "the company owes me 5000 USD" is hogwash, in my view, and dilutive of
getting anything resolved, especially when *requested* not to go there in this
thread.

I'd rather see a prioritised list of parts that need to be made in the old
colors developed than debate, yet again, why changing the colors was a Bad Idea.
It was, but the company owes *no one* anything over it, except as it chooses to
grant in order to retain customer loyalty. I think it made a foolish change, I
think it should value our loyalty a lot, I think it should take big steps to
undo this change and ameliorate it and I can make a business case why it's a
good idea but the company doesn't HAVE to if it doesn't want to.

So again, why track over, say 1x1 headlight bricks. Why 48x48 baseplates over
1x2 slant top hinges?  Why BURPs over 1x4x3 windows?

Track and baseplates come out low on my priority list. Baseplates represent
poured concrete or ground, not metal or painted surfaces. Ground color varies.
Rock color varies. Tie color varies. None of that matters as much as
metal/painted details

Sure, I'd like it all. Sure I wish it never changed. But a prioritised list was
asked for.

Justify your priority, give a business case, say why your item matters more than
mine, that's what you should do, not foam about what LEGO owes you.

If I had more time I'd write this a bit softer, I guess, but I don't.