 General / 47192
Re: Color Change - Final Update - Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:56:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:Hx91Ap.Cx9@lugnet.com...
(snip)

This is a fairly radical opinion, I guess, but I'm not convinced that the 9V
track is one of the "key" pieces to keep in production in old dark grey. I know
it's different but frankly, this is an area where reality DOES vary. Railroads
replace ties all the time, and ties weather at different rates, even concrete
ones.

Hmm, if we're going to do anything with the track, how about brown? New
brown would be fine. Black would work also.

Of course more and more track these days is being laid on concrete ties,
even in the US.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Chocolate brown track would be a total disaster!
The track colour should emulate reality.  Old dark grey for steel, old light
grey for concrete or old brown for wood, but the new colours are totally
unsuitable.

Any change to the track at all, shape or colour, would be a total disaster.  It
cost me £2000 (almost $4000) to change from 12V to 9V in 1996, plus overcoming
the lack of power in the new system etc...

Train track must stay the same, with anything new as an addition, never a
replacement.  Either that or TLC will have to give me $5000!

Mark