 General / 45315
Re: Homebrewed LEGO USB Dongle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:28:03 GMT

I think calling them dongles is a misnomer... they are memory sticks. I have one
that holds 32MB and it's way way more convenient for moving stuff (especially
large stuff) than floppies or burning a CD... great for those times when network
access isn't an option...

(My PC is rather catholic, it's been on way more networks than most people's and
even though I run virus scan a lot, many clients are leery of letting it on to
their network)

Memory stick makes me think Sony, but sure, yeah! It has proven to be an
accurate way to separeate the geekiest from the would-be geek. Mere memory-stick
user: It's too big! True geek: Oo! I can see the LED!