 General / 45321
Re: Homebrewed LEGO USB Dongle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:25:32 GMT

Hi Larry,

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:
In lugnet.general, Juergen Stuber wrote:
Hi Kyle,

so what do these dongles do, apart from decorating USB ports with LEGO?

I think calling them dongles is a misnomer...

yes, that made me think it was something like IrDA or maybe
even Mindstorms IR.  And there are still others for Bluetooth
or wireless mice, not to mention those to prevent unlicensed
use of software.

they are memory sticks. I have one that holds 32MB and
it's way way more convenient for moving stuff (especially
large stuff) than floppies or burning a CD... great for
those times when network access isn't an option...

I got a cheap 32MB one recently, too, for the moment just to play
around with and make sure my Linux boxes can handle that.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/