 General / 44531
Re: The new greys: White will be next
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:19:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
I have just built the new minifig-scale SnowSpeeder, and have the following
observation on my first encounter with the new greys.

Putting the new greys side by side with the old, the yellow tint in the old
is very apparent, but when the old are looked at in isolation, it is not.

Whie bricks also have this slight yellowness, but when used with the old
greys it is not noticable. However the 'blueness' of the dark grey against
the white of the snowspeeder really makes this tint in the white stand out,
and IMO it does not look good.

It is my belief therefore that white will be the subject of a colour change
in the next year or two, to remove the yellowness and move it into the same
'colour space' as the greys.

Tell me, is the UCS SnowSpeeder made of the new greys or the old? Peeron
says the old, but I am sure I read somewhere, here perhaps, that it uses the
new.

I thought the yellowing of the white bricks was due to age and reaction
to UV or something like that.  Perhaps the new colors use a dye that
doesn't do this?

Nah!  They'd have said so by now.