 General / 44525
  The new greys: White will be next

I have just built the new minifig-scale SnowSpeeder, and have the following observation on my first encounter with the new greys. Putting the new greys side by side with the old, the yellow tint in the old is very apparent, but when the old are (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The new greys: White will be next

(...) I thought the yellowing of the white bricks was due to age and reaction to UV or something like that. Perhaps the new colors use a dye that doesn't do this? Nah! They'd have said so by now. (20 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

Don Heyse wrote in message ... (...) change (...) same (...) <shudder> That would be even worse than changing the greys! (...) Even brand new white parts have a slightly creamy tinge, when compared to bright white. To me, that's part of their (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The new greys: White will be next

(...) I think the new light grey looks fine with white in the 4494 mini Imperial Shuttle. I don't yet have an opinion on how the new bluish dark grey looks with white. I hope they decide to keep both the old neutral dark grey and the new bluish dark (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The new greys: White will be next

(...) I am irritated by Lego's color changes, mainly because I'm color defficent (ie, shades of many colors that are entirely different look the same at times). As a result, I won't be able to tell the difference between a lot of the new colors and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)