 General / 44433
Re: Quality issues with part #6205 (was: Problems with set 10124 Wright Flyer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:44:45 GMT

"Douglas R. Clark" <drclark@cinenet.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, William R. Ward wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Since this piece has been in production since 1998, I was wondering if • anyone
else has observed this type of problem before, or is this just limited to • the
tan 6x16 tiles from the Wright Flyer Set.  I have yet to check the 6x16 • tiles
from my sopwith cammel or red baron sets since they are still built up.

drc

I have a Wright Flyer (purchased from a local retailer here in Cary, NC) and
I did not have any of the problems you have described.  No problems putting
it together and it stays together pretty well.  It even made a trip to
Charlotte and back without any problems.

About five years ago I had a 5542 Model Team set which simply would not
stick together.  Consumer Affairs thought it might have been exposed to
excessive heat somewhere for an extended period time for the whole set to
have poor "clutch" power.  LEGO replaced it with a new one which had no
issues.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com