 General / 44430
44429  |  44431
Subject:
Quality issues with part #6205 (was: Problems with set 10124 Wright Flyer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:55:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, William R. Ward wrote:
   “Douglas R. Clark” drclark@cinenet.net writes:
   My main problem was with the wings. It was like the large tile-plates (this piece) that made up the wings just did not want to stick together. As I assembled the wings they also wanted to take on a significant droop. If I tried to flatten the droop out, the wings would basically disintegrate....

FYI, the model is of an aircraft whose wings had significant droop. That may have been intentional.

--Bill.

I understand that the droop may by intentional or an inevitable result of gravity on a structure that large & thin. However, the issues I mentioned with the 6x16 tiles futher down in the post cannot, in my opinion, be intentional. When the studs on the 6x16 tiles do not line up with the studs on a 2x16 plate or a 1x16 technic beam, it is a qualtiy control problem or a design/mold problem for that piece.

Like I said, Once I made the modifications I described, I was able to get the model together and it is quite sturdy. And, yes the droop in the wings is authentic to the original design.

Since this piece has been in production since 1998, I was wondering if anyone else has observed this type of problem before, or is this just limited to the tan 6x16 tiles from the Wright Flyer Set. I have yet to check the 6x16 tiles from my sopwith cammel or red baron sets since they are still built up.

drc