 General / 43825
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:15:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ryan Rubino wrote:
   snippage

Children care little about the exact shade of a color and a lot about the shape and content of parts offered. They are more interested in the creativity and inspiration of individual kits as well as themes.

more snippage

Think about what it means when your colors don’t match any more. I expounded more on it here, but I think this shows a fundamental shift at LEGO, away from creativity (i.e., dump all your sets together and build something) and toward set-building (build it and keep it built). And it makes me sad.

James Wilson
Dallas, TX
Lugnet Member #1783
LEGO user since 1970, maybe earlier...