 General / 42615
Re: SAH Summer Catalog: WOW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 04:58:11 GMT

You're welcome! More catalog scans tonight:

Advanced Designer
4403 Air Blazers
4402 Sea Riders
http://olson.pair.com/scans/10_air_blazers.jpg
4404 Land Busters
http://olson.pair.com/scans/11_land_buster.jpg

Inventor
4090 Motion Madness "Unicycle Man"
4093 Wild Windup "Vacuum Kitty"
http://olson.pair.com/scans/12_wild_windup.jpg
4094 Motor Movers "Monkey"
4095 Record and Play "Grasshopper"
http://olson.pair.com/scans/13_motor_movers.jpg

Technic?
8454 Rescue truck
8453 Front End Loader
http://olson.pair.com/scans/14_rescue_truck.jpg
8451 Dumper
8455 Backhoe
http://olson.pair.com/scans/15_dumper.jpg

Bulk bricks:

http://olson.pair.com/scans/32_bulk.jpg
http://olson.pair.com/scans/33_bulk.jpg

follow-up to year.2003 - scrutinize those new sets!

Re: SAH Summer Catalog: WOW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:22:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson wrote:
[...]

Dude, I don't know how much to thank you! I know all those sets are available
from SAH but I just like catalogs more (I don't know why). I have a couple of
questions, well only 3:
1st: Can you pre-order the 4095 Record and Play or is it just a sneak peek and
you have to wait until September?
2nd: What's up with all the signs "100" on the sets?
3rd: Is your catalog the version with the Bionicle Rahkshi cover or is it the
second version (I don't know picture is on the 2nd version)?

Again, thank you so much for the scans, I hope mine will come today, I'm tired
of waiting!

Steve M.

Re: SAH Summer Catalog: WOW!
In lugnet.general, Steve Moldovanu wrote:

Dude, I don't know how much to thank you! I know all those sets are available
from SAH but I just like catalogs more (I don't know why).

I tried to look at World City on the website, tried to show them to other
people, but the pictures there are still too small.

questions, well only 3:
1st: Can you pre-order the 4095 Record and Play or is it just a sneak peek and
you have to wait until September?
You can always try! it's only on that page.

2nd: What's up with all the signs "100" on the sets?

it's the "100 new items this summer" list.

3rd: Is your catalog the version with the Bionicle Rahkshi cover or is it the
second version (I don't know picture is on the 2nd version)?

Mine has shuttle, monkey tram, amd at-at.

Again, thank you so much for the scans, I hope mine will come today, I'm tired
of waiting!

you made it sound like you had to wait for *months* ... sometimes I think you
get to the top of the mailing list when you buy something, this catalog came
days after an order arrived. (The one inside that order was "Late Summer" with
robobots on the cover.)

Re: SAH Summer Catalog: WOW!
2nd: What's up with all the signs "100" on the sets?

it's the "100 new items this summer" list. •  Oh Okay!

3rd: Is your catalog the version with the Bionicle Rahkshi cover or is it the
second version (I don't know picture is on the 2nd version)?

Mine has shuttle, monkey tram, amd at-at.
Umm...that's weird. You mean they show all those sets on the cover of the
magazine?

Again, thank you so much for the scans, I hope mine will come today, I'm tired
of waiting!

you made it sound like you had to wait for *months* ... sometimes I think you
get to the top of the mailing list when you buy something, this catalog came
days after an order arrived. (The one inside that order was "Late Summer" with
robobots on the cover.)

Well in a way I did have to wait for months. Here in Canada, we don't get Spring
and Fall catalogs. We get the January, Summer and Holiday, so basically I have
been waiting for a catalog since the beginning of the year.

Steve M.

Re: SAH Summer Catalog: WOW!
In lugnet.general, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
Mine has shuttle, monkey tram, amd at-at.
Umm...that's weird. You mean they show all those sets on the cover of the
magazine?
it's just three sets making a cameo.

Well in a way I did have to wait for months. Here in Canada, we don't get Spring
and Fall catalogs. We get the January, Summer and Holiday, so basically I have
been waiting for a catalog since the beginning of the year.

Sometimes when I receive orders I notice that they alter the catalog a bit. For
instance, the Duplo pages go in or out, or the "Save a little when you buy 5 of
the little sets" page, or even whole System theme spreads take a nap. Too much
to fit in.

On page 26 the catalog says Guarded Inn was designed by a fan... wow, Daniel!

King Leo's castle is back (pg 27) sort of like they brought back the Royal
Knights Castle one season.. except it's not the holidays.

Re: SAH Summer Catalog: WOW!
In lugnet.general, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
Mine has shuttle, monkey tram, amd at-at.
Umm...that's weird. You mean they show all those sets on the cover of the
magazine?
it's just three sets making a cameo.

Oh okay I get it.

Well in a way I did have to wait for months. Here in Canada, we don't get Spring
and Fall catalogs. We get the January, Summer and Holiday, so basically I have
been waiting for a catalog since the beginning of the year.

Sometimes when I receive orders I notice that they alter the catalog a bit. For
instance, the Duplo pages go in or out, or the "Save a little when you buy 5 of
the little sets" page, or even whole System theme spreads take a nap. Too much
to fit in.

LOL! I saw that the two large Technic sets (Backhoe Loader and Rescue Truck) are
cheaper. Does that mean that you have to use the catalogue code to code those
prices?

On page 26 the catalog says Guarded Inn was designed by a fan... wow, Daniel!

King Leo's castle is back (pg 27) sort of like they brought back the Royal
Knights Castle one season.. except it's not the holidays.

Guarded Inn is an old set which has been brought back as a Legend. I think you
are talking about the Blacksmith Shop. Why would the bring King Leo's Castle
back? That doesn't even look as a castle. Lego should bring back some older
castles as Legends.

Steve M.

Re: SAH Summer Catalog: WOW!
In lugnet.general, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
Does that mean that you have to use the catalogue code to code those
prices?
Dunno

On page 26 the catalog says Guarded Inn was designed by a fan... wow, Daniel!

King Leo's castle is back (pg 27) sort of like they brought back the Royal
Knights Castle one season.. except it's not the holidays.

Guarded Inn is an old set which has been brought back as a Legend. I think you
are talking about the Blacksmith Shop. Why would the bring King Leo's Castle
back? That doesn't even look as a castle. Lego should bring back some older
castles as Legends.

No, the catalog really says Guarded Inn was designed by a fan on p.27! I know
it's not and you know it's not, but, the catalogs are edited by parents of small
children who are bewildered at the variety of Lego products and say the
darnedest things in print. Example: "King Leo rules all the known world from
this amazing castle! First released in 2000, [this] is a favorite with LEGO fans
of all ages!" Double silly.

These probably turned up in a warehouse. When 6090 made a brief reappearance it
was just a small quantity. Besides, parents look for the castle with princesses
and stuff.