 General / 39818
Re: Why is Lugnet so quiet these days?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 01:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ben Ellermann writes:
In lugnet.general, John P. Henderson writes:

Many of these slow times coincide with a
major holiday or changes in schedule for those who are in school.  For those
in college, this is probably the time of semester final exams.  However, I
think things have been generally slow (with the exception of a few threads)
for the past several months.

I want to confirm the college problem :)  I only have time to read a few
posts a day.  Graduate school projects take too much time (final exams are
the easy part). However soon I will have a one month break to play with Lego!

Ben

I'm backing up Ben with his confirmation on the whole college thing.  It
really is a scam.  They give you very little work throughout the whole
semester to lure you in, and then when you least expect it...BAM!  Big ol'
final in two weeks and you realize you haven't even unwrapped the book!
AAAHHHH! :-)

Between work getting busy, school getting busy, and having to work some
overtime to afford Christmas presents (and my own ISD), it gets harder and
harder to find the time.  As soon as the holiday rush is over and the new
sets start appearing, I'm sure we will see a major jump in posts.

Kyle