 General / 39638
Re: Textured bricks that look like bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:39:53 GMT

This is definitely sacrilige, but since this isn't my thread, maybe my karma
will survive : sandblasting the bricks would probably produced the desired
effect. Even scuffing them with course sand paper (100 grit or lower) might
do it.

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message
Well, here's another one of my silly ideas:

I got some black roof bricks today from Shop At Home.  I was sorting them
into their proper container, but of course couldn't resist snapping a few
together into a roof segment, just to see how they looked.

I looked at the slightly rough surface that they have on the top side only
and I had a thought:  What if LEGO were to make a set of bricks with this
treatment on one face of the brick?  For people making buildings or
structures I think this would add another dimension of realism.  Of • course,
you'd need a nifty new color like 'brick red' or something like that.

Perhaps someday you'd be able to build a train station or a low rise • office
building that had a slightly course finish, making it look like it was • made
from real bricks and not shiny plastic.  And perhaps they could apply the
same technique to some light grey bricks to make them appear more like
concrete for the foundation and stairways.  Finally you'd top it off with
some black or sand green roof bricks which already have the right surface. • :)

Any thoughts?

All the best,
Allan B.