 General / 39364

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:50:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steven Combs writes:
I don't fancy posting where somebody has the access to re-word what I say.
I'd like it to be an all or nothing kind of moderation.

However this does jive with their kid friendly theme.  My 7 year-old
daughter just created her own LEGO Web account and I have to say that I feel
much safer allowing her to browse through the LEGO site knowing that someone
is moderating the boards and making it "kid friendly."

I can agree with that for a kid's forum. Definitely.

I'm assured LUGNET isn't being replaced (and I'm sure that wasn't LEGO's
intent either).

TJ

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
I don't fancy posting where somebody has the access to re-word what I say.
I'd like it to be an all or nothing kind of moderation.

However this does jive with their kid friendly theme.  My 7 year-old
daughter just created her own LEGO Web account and I have to say that I feel
much safer allowing her to browse through the LEGO site knowing that someone
is moderating the boards and making it "kid friendly."

I can agree with that for a kid's forum. Definitely.

I'm assured LUGNET isn't being replaced (and I'm sure that wasn't LEGO's
intent either).

I posted a few comments... it will be interesting to see how or if they get
moderated. (as of a few min ago none had been yet). I agree with Tim, I had
already done some self editing on what I said. The comments are positive but
not uniformly so.

(my ID there is obvious... I was lucky as one of the very first people to
sign up, I got to pick the ID I really wanted)

++Lar

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
I posted a few comments... it will be interesting to see how or if they • get
moderated. (as of a few min ago none had been yet). I agree with Tim, I • had
already done some self editing on what I said. The comments are positive • but
not uniformly so.

(my ID there is obvious... I was lucky as one of the very first people to
sign up, I got to pick the ID I really wanted)

++Lar

My ID is pretty obvious too (MikeWalsh).  How often are they approving
messages?  I made a post this morning when I first saw this thread and it
still isn't approved (about five hours ago).

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
My ID is pretty obvious too (MikeWalsh).  How often are they approving
messages?  I made a post this morning when I first saw this thread and it
still isn't approved (about five hours ago).

Maybe it's not really quite up and running?

If you go to the front page, www.lego.com, there is (at least for me) a
"message boards" link in the lower left corner which leads to
http://www.lego.com/messageboards/ ... this, for me anyway, is a dead link...

Does it work for other people? I have to go in with the link that was posted
at the top of the thread:

http://boards.lego.com/discussions/participant/default/allcats.jsp?sessid=

Weird.

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
The link seems to work for me.  I probably never would have noticed it if
you hadn't pointed it out, so, thanks.
I posted a message in the "Next Legend?" thread this morning, and I think it
took them three or four hours to approve it.

-Joel

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]

Guess who johnnykr is!  :)

They moderated my messages in about 30 minutes, however, I posted one with
links to brickshelf's scans for the 'what Legend do you want to see' thread,
it hasn't been approved.

-JHK

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?
My ID is pretty obvious too (MikeWalsh).  How often are they approving
messages?  I made a post this morning when I first saw this thread and it
still isn't approved (about five hours ago).

Mike

Guess who johnnykr is!  :)

They moderated my messages in about 30 minutes, however, I posted one with
links to brickshelf's scans for the 'what Legend do you want to see' • thread,
it hasn't been approved.

-JHK

I have posted two messages, neither has been approved.  Both contained
off-site URLs.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?