 General / 37048
  Mottled Bricks and Plates!

See the freakshow at: (URL) Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

(...) I wish I had some! Those would make for interesting floors... Wish they were on sale on bricklink or something... John Kruer (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

(...) I've heard of them too. They are officialy called "Flame Bricks". (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

(...) Cool. Do you have a link to where they are called this? -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Lego, LD Sell these bricks! (was: Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!)

Dear Lego and LD, These are the neatest pieces. I have heard of them many times but necer seen them until now, and man, how cool! I could foresee pack of 25 random mottled bricks for sale as a nostalgia pack, maybe $10. Other neat ways of selling (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

For those that didn't know, such as myself, the offical Lego link is at: (URL) want to read the part where Ashleigh asks, "Is there a multicolored brick?" And yes, they are called "flame-colored bricks". -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

Sorry to post again so quickly on this thread. I just wanted it known that the page at: (URL) been updated to include the Lego.com URL and the new information on "flame-coloured bricks." You can tell how lazy I am by the manner in which I have (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

What gets me is the photos showing where the multicolored brick colors seem to line up - almost as if by design and not accident. I'm wondering if it is indeed design, or just a rather fortunate accident. -- Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde (Remove (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

(...) Flame coulord bricks now are extremely rare becaure LEGO is getting new technology for cleaning. How did hed get so many? Carter Lance (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

(...) Whoops I made a typo. Did hed should be did he (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

(...) I kinda have some of those. I have the Minifig from (URL) and the fig's mouth is missing and I will post pics. later. meanwhile check out my website glance.ody.ca/Carter/ . It is EXTREMELY under construction and it still has my exited typing (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

Well, I'm going to assume they are "extremely rare" in comparison to the old days. Today, they probably only run through the molds 2-3 times to clean them (the # of elements in a mold run varies by element), whereas in the old days, it might have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mottled Bricks and Plates!

(...) Not to bring up a dead topic, but I just got a flame-colored brick! Friday I finally opened my #7163 Republic Gunship after waiting 8 months from the time I bought it at the Discover Channel Store. In it, I got a big surprise! Not an extra (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)