 General / 31752
31751  |  31753
Subject:
Minfig World Tour-Minifigs (was: minifigs go to brickfest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:28:21 GMT

  Well, since the cat is out of the bag now, and most people won't know
who Jill and Gary are, I guess I'll do some explaining.

  About 4 years ago (I might be a little off on the time frame here)
when all we had was RTL to talk to others with, it was decided that we
would send a couple of figs off to visit other peoples creations.
(there's lots more information about the start of this on the website
look at the info page.) We decided to call it the "MiniFig World
Tour"(tm) or MFWT for short.

  After a message from Tim Courtney, telling me he had the figs in his
possession, I contacted Jacob, who worked on the orignal web design with
me. Jacob had some of pages from the old website! so I reworked them and
decided to put them up on my server though they still need some work,
don't be afraid to tell me of any problems though, just incase it's
something I missed.

If you want to view the original Travelers point your browser to:
http://64.193.132.185/mfwt/  (One of these days I'll register a domain
name!)

This has been updated with Jill and Gary's visit to Lego Direct and Brad
Justus! so there is some new stuff for anyone who's seen all the old!
ALSO... anyone who has had them in the past, I've tried to contact the
people with blank pages for their turn, though I don't have everyone's
current e-mail address.. if you've had them and you have the pictures or
maybe some instructions contact me and we'll see about getting them
updated onto the site!

Exactly how the sign up is going to work I'm not sure yet. So if you
really want the figs to join you for a few days, let me know and I'll
see about setting something up.

Richard please contact me, before you give the figs to Tim at Brickfest,
so I can get a little information from you!

Enjoy!
Tamy

"Richard W. Schamus (legoman34)" wrote:

Today I received in the mail a small package.  Much to my surprise, it was
two minifigs.  After much protestation that they didn't want to join my
random fig, I finally heard them exclaim, "It's us, Jill and Gary!  We're
here to attend Brickfest!"
I of course was just joking with these two intrepid travelers.  I would
never just dump them in with my random figs.
Therefore, Jill and Gary will be accompanying me to Brickfest.  I'll also
be showing them the sights of D.C. and then, they'll be going on a road trip
with Tim Courtney, I believe.
I don’t' think that Jill and Gary have ever been to a gathering of such
magnitude.  I'm gonna have to make sure that they get a t-shirt too… I'll
probably have to special order it.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS Amost Here! I Can't Wait!

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****