 General / 27881
Re: Help!....any advice on stopping the yellowing of older white lego pieces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 07:24:38 GMT

I used to use a diluted solution, but I've moved to 100% bleach without apparent
damage to the bricks.  Even pure bleach doesn't work on some of the badly sun
damaged pieces, though.

Cary Clark wrote:

How long did you soak them for? I let my yellowed parts soak for several
weeks. You may also want to try increasing the bleach/water ratio. I use a
dilute solution for a long time; this has whitened parts for me that were 20
or more years old, and doesn't appear to have damaged them in any way.

Cary

"Skip" <srobinson@fairpoint.com> wrote in message
I recently bought some older classic space sets and I knew in advance that
they had yellowed. I tried soaking them in a bleach and water solution but
it did not help. Does anyone have ideas about stopping the yellowing and
also a fix for it?   Thanks in advance.
Skip

--
Tom Stangl