 General / 27882
Re: Is Lego Art, or what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:02:42 GMT

in article G8v50z.JyM@lugnet.com, jonathan lill wrote:

Do you make things you consider art?

Not really. I build things because I like to. If other people think they're
art, then I'll be flattered. :^)

Do you consider your Lego creations artworks?

In a matter of speaking. I try to use my artistic skill to build the things
I do, but I don't build them  as artworks. But I suppose art is in the eye
of the beholder.

Do you make things which aren't strictly speaking Lego creations but involve
the use of bricks (i.e. multimedia collages)?

Nope.

Do you call yourself an artist?

Yes. I make Drawrings sometimes.

Are you a professional in a creative field such as graphic or industrial
design or architecture?

Yep.

http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/

Are you able to utilize Lego in your profession apart from merely sharing
your enjoyment with your coworkers?

Er, no. I wish I could.

If both building and playing with Lego is a creative pursuit, how does it
differ from other creative pursuits such as painting or sculpting?

I'm reasonably good at this one. ;^)

Seriously, I consider LEGO a creative outlet. Most of what I do at work is
pretty repetitive or boring, but I can come home and build whatever suits my
fancy, and I can be as elaborate as I wish.

<snip>

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations