 General / 27844
Re: Jack Stone= Playmobil anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 04:50:10 GMT

Relax, No one is ignoring you, I am just wondering about something other
than what you keep adressing.  Namely, Lego creating toys that do not need
to be constructed, a la playmobil.  Once you enter a new market, As they are
with Jack stone,  you them start branching into new areas, and spreading
yourself thin.  YOu may notice that I mentioned bulk ordering as a way to
supplement a a cople weak years of system offerings, minus star wars of
course,  in my post.  This is because I don't fear system being replaced by
Jack Stone like the previous poster, but because I am wary of them moving
into a new area, and watering down quality in other areas.   From this frame
of reference you may see that I am talking about something completely
different.  That's why my post was not a follow up or reply to the minifig
one, but a new one.   Jon

In lugnet.general, Tim Saupé writes:
Isn't anyone paying attention to what I had said?  Jack Stone is intended to
bridge the gap between DUPLO and LEGO - these kinds of sets ARE NOT
replacing what you are used to seeing from LEGO System.