 General / 27831
Re: Jack Stone= Playmobil anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:38:50 GMT

jonathan lill wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tim Saupé writes:
Isn't anyone paying attention to what I had said?  Jack Stone is intended to
bridge the gap between DUPLO and LEGO - these kinds of sets ARE NOT
replacing what you are used to seeing from LEGO System.

I think that people are somewhat threatened by the Jack Stone line because
the set designs are encroaching on what was system territiry. Perhaps now
the Lego System line will confine itself to themes more elaborate than
trucks and fire stations and perhaps not. I think ultimately Jack Stone will
be a valuable resource for builders much like Scala and Belville are; a
source of neat canopies, unusual colors, and sometimes useful poops and
stuff. Already I was looking at the transparent windshields and thinking how
neat they might look on spaceships.

I agree. An hey, who can complain about finally getting a proper black
Zodiak in 4606 Aqua Res-Q Transport? I'm also curious about the
tranlucent wall panels in 4611 Police HQ.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com