 General / 25042
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:35:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Powell writes:
Scott A wrote:

Are you saying you would not post the pictures as you want to keep your
copying antics secret, or because we’d  not be interested?

I think it would be kept secret because it would bring out a lot of bad blood.

No, as I said before, out of simple disinterest.  If I build a copy of
something someone else built, what is the point of discussing it?  What purpose
could discussing it possibly serve?  What would I gain as the poster, and what
would people reading my post gain as readers?  Nothing!  They're not seeing a
new model, they aren't seeing new building techniques, etc etc etc.

I mean, come on...if you want one of my sets, buy it.  It's not like I am
selling them for a excessive amount, when you start looking at the parts
prices
I have paid to collect the parts, I don't think many people could go out and
buy the pieces for the cost of the entire set.

But let's say I don't want your set.  I don't want to buy the pieces you've
collected.  I want to use the pieces I already have to build my own copy.

You're saying you'd be upset about that?

Do you realise that according to Larry, at least two other members of the Guild
of Bricksmiths disagree with you on that point?

eric