 General / 25040
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:28:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
What an unfortunate acronym.

Hah!

Man, I am so glad you said this instead of me.  I have been laughing out
loud for months over this...

=)

Anyway, maybe it's ironically fitting -- it kinda says it all.

I dunno.  People here get SO serious about stuff.  I agree that giving away
one's hard work to a company like Lego is obnoxious (because they can and do
pay others to produce the same work), and I wouldn't do it without pay
either.  But sharing one's ideas here, amongst users, is a different animal
altogether.

This has always been my point: I'd rather "share and play", than "design and
get paid."  That's just too much like ACTUAL work for me, and would take all
the fun out of it.

-- Richard