 General / 1764
Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:13:23 GMT

Steve Jacquot wrote:

I believe that the SIG members will collectively be sufficiently
knowledgeable to make such a decision.  They all will have at least
an interest in their field, and might possibly have some additional
qualifications (yet to be determined), and will have the benefit
of each others expertise.  This isn't the way crafts guilds usually
work, and it may not be what Larry had in mind (haven't heard from
him lately), but I think that it would work.

You're carrying on just fine.

If this nascent idea cannot be implemented except as a popularity
contest, I would oppose it. NMRA models are judged without names
attached, and many of the MM criteria the NMRA put in place are at least
partly based on how some set of models you did fared in competition.
Further, it's not whether your model won the competition that counts,
it's how many points it scored. If you scored 80 and won, doesn't count.
If you scored 88 and came in last, you're all set (the threshold is 87.5
in a lot of cases).

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.