 General / 1730
Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:54:15 GMT

Matthew Verdier wrote in message ...
Personally, I think it is unhealthy to isolate your children from the world.
Too much isolation leaves them unprepared to make the hard choices they are
going to have to make throughout the course of their lives.

Think it through, Matthew. Do you want to shield your children from the
world... of paedophilia? of addictive drugs? of bungie jumping? At what
point do you personally think it's reasonable to limit a child's access
to the world at its seamiest?

Personally I'd be thrilled tho have my kids grow up utterly unaware that
there are people in the world who habitually use profanity. Language is
a tool, and should be used with respect. And in a place like this I think
we should definitely encourage a high standard of language, and not just
in avoiding expletives. Spelling, grammar, and even logic have a place
here, IMO

Moz