 General / 1762
Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 15:21:37 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <368b5bd8.140622427@lugnet.com>...
On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:30:26 GMT, "Matthew Verdier"
<matthewv@digital.net> wrote:

Personally, I find rasfwrj _more_ entertaining... I tend to skip the
on-topic bits, tho. <recklessly thrown open robes and all>

However, I think It's not quite so bad as it used to be, as far as
ripping newbies apart is concerned. And, most of it, comes when these
newbies are _not_ willing to learn, and continue to offend. I'm
thinking of "student", who changed email adress at least 6 times in
the time s/he posted there, to avoid killfiles, and continued to spout
offensive behavior. Eric D. Laurain, who after a month posted that his
little brother had had access to his comp. One or two others I can't
think of the name of.

*Hmm... I can't crosspost this between rasfwrj and lugnet.. darn. :)*

Perhaps that statement about rawsfrj wasn't completely fair of me to make.
There just seems to be a whole lot of 'plonkin' going on, which tends to be
a sign of an adversarial attitude, but it does seem to be done in a creative
fashion.  I lurk around rawsfrj, but don't post.  I love the wheel of time,
but don't really have anything interesting to say on the topic.  It seems to
be a really cool place where intriguing characters hang out have interesting
conversations that seem to come right out of a French farce.  It is a lot of
fun to watch the festivities, but a bit intimidating to consider joining the
crowd.

Matthew Verdier

"You can't just say you're King because some watery tart threw a sword at
you"
Dennis, 700 AD

http://www.GeoCities.com/CapeCanaveral/2738/mjvlego.html