 General / 10255
Re: Some questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:13:40 GMT

In lugnet.org, James Brown writes:
<I didn't get much (read: any) response to this in the .org group, so I'm
guessing it doesn't get read much.  Cross-posting to .general for exposure,
follow-ups set back to .org>

Hey all,

The Edmonton (Alberta, Canada) crew are considering forming a club, and it
occured to me that there are a bunch of organizations out there already, and
it would be a good idea, to poll them for information.  It also occured to me
that it would be just a good idea in general to have these Q&A's as a
resource...so:
Questions for those of you in the various LUGs and LTCs:

How did you decide on a name?

How much did the existing conventions (Lego Users Group & Lego Train Club)
influence your decision?

What legal status (if any) does your club have?

What is the purpose of your club (trains, general building, etc)?  If you don't
have a single focus, how do you determine priorities?

How diverse are you, geographically?

How do you get around the geographical limitations you do face (if any)?

How many members do you have?

How often do you meet?

How do you arrange for meeting space when you do meet?

What do you do at meetings?

Have you contacted, or attempted to contact The Lego Company or representatives
thereof?

If so, would you describe the experience as positive or negative?

Has The Lego Company (or representatives thereof) contacted you?  Again, was it
a good experience or a bad experience?

Have you put on any shows?

If so, what suggestions would you have for other individuals or groups
considering putting on a show?

How well was your show received? (by the organizers, by the public, by whoever)

Do you get much disbelief when you tell people that you are (a member of) a
Lego fan club?  How do you deal with it?

What advice would you have for others attempting to start a Lego club?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/